In today’s globalised economy, hiring a Virtual Assistant could be one of the best decisions a business owner can make. And probably you’ve known many entrepreneurs who have their own VA tucked away, working diligently on their online business or eCommerce Store.
However, you might still be trying to decide if you really need to hire a Virtual Assistant and embrace this growing trend.
A few questions you could ask yourself before you hire may include;
- What are the benefits?
- How are these people going to help you grow your business?
- How much will it cost?
- And most of all are they trustworthy?
But let’s face it, as your business starts to grow, you can’t really manage the pressure. How can you handle multiple tasks alone? If you think about it, you’ll realize that you really need help. And hiring a Virtual Assistant is a great solution.
Once you’ve made a decision to hire a VA, you may get stuck!
Because you may not know the next steps to take as new questions arise. For example: how to go about the hiring process, what tasks will your Virtual Assistant do for you, and much more.
Virtual Assistants have a variety of skills and experiences to perform different tasks depending on a client’s working instructions.
They also use different online tools and software to enable them perform tasks efficiently thus increasing productivity.
Still reluctant to take the plunge? We will help you understand more!
Let’s look in detail, at these highly effective job roles your eCommerce Virtual Assistant can do for you to boost your business operations.
Job Role 1: Customer Service
Here is the thing: most companies have poor customer services that eventually result in poor sales.
In essence, customers play a vital role in making a business grow therefore, you need to ensure that you provide outstanding care and services for them to stay loyal, happy, and to also ensure repeat purchases.
Working with a Virtual Assistant can help you achieve this goal by doing the following tasks:
- Handling live chat support
- Checking, responding and sending emails and follow-ups
- Managing calls
- Providing customer care by sending refunds, service requests, and technical support
- Monitoring clients’ feedbacks and testimonials
Job Role 2: Research and Data Entry
Endless information and ideas that are useful for your business’ needs can be found on the internet.
Keeping yourself updated with this modern trend can be very helpful in the long run.
Virtual Assistants are good at data entry and researching information in the internet.
They can collect, present, and provide you with solid and relevant information that can be used for the development, maintenance and improvement of your eCommerce store.
Here are some common internet search and data entry tasks for your VA:
- Research data, trends, facts and statistics
- Enter collected data into a spreadsheet
- Create presentation and reports based on the search results and collected data
Job Role 3: Social Media Marketing
There is no doubt that social media marketing can effectively help boost businesses today.
Entrepreneurs will always consider how to attract even more clients – marketing efforts are as significant as taking care of customers.
And that’s why more and more business owners are taking advantage of social media channels to share and advertise their products and services. It’s one of the most powerful marketing tools you can use to promote a brand and reach customers all over the globe.
Discuss with your VA about your preferred social media marketing strategy. You could also investigate and experiment to discover the one that is most effective for your business.
Your VA can help you with tasks such as:
- Setting up business social media accounts
- Scheduling, creating and sharing posts, images, and videos
- Replying through direct messages, giving recommendations through comments, and responding to tweets
- Making daily connections to your followers, friends, and contacts through your social media presence.
- Researching on social media trends and your competitor’s strategies.
- Increasing followers and likes on social media channels.
Job Role 4: Website Management
In the eCommerce industry, a website is the heart of every business. Therefore, it should always function properly all day, every day.
But how will you keep your website running smoothly? By hiring a competent VA to manage the site properly.
Maintaining and developing a website is never easy. It needs a combination of skills and the right processes to ensure that your existing clients and new prospects won’t experience site slowdowns or the worst case scenario – an access error.
To get additional visibility and an active presence online via a great-looking and smooth-running website, ask your VA can work on these website-related tasks:
- Work with various website tools and applications such as WordPress
- Plan, create, and design a business website that is user-friendly and attracts prospects
- Work on HTML, CSS, and website troubleshooting
- Upload articles/blogs, images, and videos
- Setup custom 404 Error page
- Restore broken links and clean junk HTML
- Create and publish web pages and posts
- Set-up website security and CRM integration
Job Role 5: SOP Creation
Due to the limited capacity of the human brain, it’s impossible for one to remember every process, guidelines, and answers.
Since you’re running a business, you know how important it is to always deliver quality services to your customers. Performing tasks in a consistent manner and having Standard Operating Procedures or SOPs will help you with your work.
An SOP consists of written instructions that document routine activities. They illustrate a business’ technical and administrative operational elements.
A Standard Operating Procedure is written with sufficient detail so that anyone with a basic understanding of the field can successfully carry out the activity or procedure when unsupervised.
Let your VA write an SOP that is concise and understandable for all your procedures, equipment and systems.
They can start with these tasks:
- Write step-by-step guidelines, activities, and procedures.
- Insert useful images, screenshots, links, and relevant videos.
- Write an introduction so that a completely new person can understand the context.
- List in a numbered order the EXACT steps someone must go through in order to complete the task.
- Provide additional notes, advice, examples, and instructions.
- Use words to describe what the process will be and also include words that might be used to search for the process.
Job Role 6: Community Outreach
Outreach is a practice of reaching out to an audience of individuals or organizations that have a shared interest in what you or your company has to offer.
It’s an effective marketing strategy that can help promote products and services, build business relationships and drive more visitors to your website. And as a result, greatly influence customer buying decisions, for instance, converting a prospect into a new sale.
Outreach tasks that can be handled by your VA are:
- Co-promotion and collaboration through content marketing
- Building relationship with prospected partners
- Create personalized messages and email templates
- Monitor emails and send follow-ups
- Use advanced search queries to find prospects
- Find relevant bloggers who can share our content and/or products
- Grow business audience
- Create opportunities for people to visit your website
Job Role 7: Business Report
It’s hard for business owners to handle everything on their own. But through a business report, owners can have significant information and an overview of their business.
A business report helps to measure the performance status, research, analysis and other business related issues. It can be written in a document, a data spreadsheet or in a presentation format such as slideshows, charts, and graphics.
Here is what your VA can help you with:
- Create data analysis report
- Create business financial report
- Create weekly report for site traffic and sales
Job Role 8: Guest Posting
The main purpose of your business website is to generate traffic. Just having an attractive site isn’t enough.
Why is this so? Because a business needs a never-ending strategy.
A perfect technique is Guest Posting also referred to as back linking or guest blogging. It is writing and publishing an article on someone else’s website or blog.
If done correctly, guest posting can increase your site’s audience and help build your online reputation and brand.
Here is how your Virtual Assistant can help you with guest posting:
- Find guest posting opportunities
- Reach out for guest postings
- Create or develop guest post articles
- Understand competitor back link analysis for guest posting
- Learn how to pitch story ideas
- Accept guest posts on your websites
- Track weekly back link outreach progress
- Use tools for the purpose of gaining back links and manage prospect lists
Job Role 9: Online Advertising
Online advertising is considered as an effective marketing method to help boost and promote products, services, and brands. It enables entrepreneurs to reach a wider target market in a much simpler, quicker, and creative way.
Almost all businesses nowadays are using the internet as their preferred money-generating tool because it has a huge impact on the society. It has higher chances of acquiring many customers and increasing sales.
Let your Virtual Assistant handle these tasks for online advertising:
- Plan and build campaign concepts
- Create direct email campaign
- Add analytics campaign tracking
- Work on adwords conversion code and adwords remarketing lists
- Reach out to visitors to find unique and relevant topics/ posts/ ads that suit their interest through Facebook advertising
- Create a keyword list
- Setup adwords adverts and keywords
- Reconcile Google adwords
Job Role 10: Content Development
As a business owner you might be wondering: ‘What content will I put in my website?’
Having a fancy-looking site doesn’t really mean that it’s a great website. The key activity to achieving success with your online business is to create unique and interesting content on a regular basis and then to follow this through by distributing it on social media.
Since online businesses are rapidly growing these days, many entrepreneurs are having the same business concept, products, services, using similar website themes and offering the very same promotion strategies.
Therefore, being on top of all these competition can be hard. But one thing is for sure: Taking advantage effective and quality content adds value, which will consequently help your business or website build credibility and increase website traffic.
Your VA can be capable of doing the following work:
- Search, gather and organise information for article ideas.
- Use visual content like relevant images and videos to communicate with audience.
- Work on regular news updates.
- Viral content creation and outreach process.
- Write a compelling call-to-action.
- Write articles for mini-sites.
- Write captivating headlines.
- Write general interest articles.
- Write press releases and short posts.
- Writing list posts, processes and guidelines.
- Improve appearance of content pages.
Task 11: Bookkeeping
Bookkeeping is an up-to-date recording of all financial transactions of a business such as number of sales, in and out payments, and all other business related expenses.
Whether you have a small or large company, bookkeeping is an important for managing the finances of a business.
The records are analysed and interpreted in order to achieve an accurate result and determine whether a business is making profits or losses.
Bookkeeping tasks for your VA include:
- Recording all financial transactions on a daily basis.
- Reviewing and analysing business cash flow.
- Providing an accurate report of income and expenditure.
- Evaluating profit and loss
Task 12: Product Promotion
Product promotion brings value to your business by influencing customers and new prospects on their buying decisions. Sometimes, a customer will need a little extra incentive to sign up for a new product/service. They might be thinking of purchasing a product from you but they aren’t sure yet whether to go ahead.
So, you need to use “product promotion” to give them that extra encouragement.
Start working on some product promotion strategies with your VA by performing these tasks:
- Plan an effective way of doing a product promotion.
- Create a weekly product promotion.
- Work on coupon code offers and distribution.
Task 13: Website Optimization
Website optimization is an important tool that can greatly help online businesses enhance a website’s search engine ranking.
This is a continuous process and if done correctly, it will generate more traffic to your website, increase sales and maintain high search engine visibility.
Tasks that are related to website optimization are:
- Adding relevant keywords and improve strategy.
- Focus on meta data (tags, descriptions and title)
- Find and delete duplicate contents.
- Create ALT tags for images.
- Google Analytics, eCommerce & Goal Setup.
- Speed up website or monitor page load speed.
- Add Rich Snippets.
Job Role 14: Graphic Work and Video Creation
The truth is, no one likes to view a dull website. Therefore, you will need to create interesting and visually appealing website content for your customers and visitors.
Have your Virtual Assistant work on these graphic design and video creation tasks:
- Plan concepts, prepare layouts, and create designs
- Find an editing tool that is reliable and easy to use
- Record and edit a relevant and high-quality videos
Job Role 15: Lead Generation
Gone are the days when business people spent a lot of time on random cold calls and person to person meetings just to generate leads. Thanks to the advancement of technology, lead generation strategy has become a lot easier and quicker.
Your VA can work on these tasks:
- Set goals and track time.
- Search and utilize different apps and software for lead generation solution.
- Search using relevant keywords.
- Collect enough information and check if a person is qualified to be a lead.
- Plan an effective concept for your online channels that will help you generate leads such as creating a strong and attractive CTA, interesting content, having some freebie, coupon code or any offers that will make one provide their personal information.
Hiring Your Virtual Assistant
Save time for yourself to grow your business further by hiring a well trained, vetted and a competent VA that best fits your business needs.